"There are automatic event notifications that are sent out by the system. Some of the messaging subjects and messaging can be customized.
Let's talk about some of the automatic notifications you can expect to see."
About Automatic Event Notifications
SAP Ariba Sourcing automatically generates notifications to inform users about the state of an event.
Depending on the situation, SAP Ariba Sourcing sends notifications as instant messages, emails, or both.
- The system does not send instant messages, since generally your participants are not logged into the system at that time.
- The system generates different emails depending on whether or not a participant has used the system before.
- The system also logs this action to the Log tab.
Automatic Event Notification Examples
1. When you publish an event, the system automatically sends invitation email to invited participants.
2. Suppose an owner cancels an in-progress event.
- SAP Ariba Sourcing notifies participants by automatically sending an instant message, an email, or both, as appropriate.
- SAP Ariba Sourcing archives notifications in the Message Center or My Messages page for a specific event, and in the Notifications page, which stores all notifications for a specific user.
Automatic Event Notification Templates
Notification content is determined by atemplate.
You can modify the templates for a single user in an event, for all users in an event, and for all events.
The templates use special capitalized variables enclosed by brackets [ ] to insert contextual information into the notifications.
Subject: Event [EVENT_TITLE] is cancelled.
On [CANCELLATION_TIME_AND_DATE], the [SPONSOR_CORPORATE_NAME] Event [CBE_NUMBER] [EVENT_TITLE] was cancelled. The event is no longer available.
If you have questions, please contact [SPONSOR_BUYER_NAME] at [SPONSOR_PHONE] or via e-mail at [SPONSOR_EMAIL].
The capitalized phrases contained in brackets, for example [EVENT_TITLE], are variables that the system replaces with information specific to the event when generating a notification.
You can edit the template to alter the generated notifications.
- Note: As you edit the text, add or remove the bracketed, capitalized variables, but be sure not to change them, or the system cannot recognize them and will not substitute the desired values.