"Now that I have my project created, I am ready to set my event rules. From what I recall, the rules control how the event works, but I will not see all of the event rules depending on my template, correct?"
"You are right, but there is slightly more to it, as the rules that are visible in your project depend on three things:
- Event type
- The specific template that was selected
- Conditional rules, or rules that are based on other rule settings
Let me elaborate."
Factors that Determine which Rules are Displayed
Not all rules are applicable across all event types, and you may see some rules displayed in one event type but not another.
For example, RFIs are not used to collect pricing information, so the currency rules are not present.Template Delegation:
Rules may be preset in the template, and hidden from view in the event.
When creating a template, administrators have the option to withhold control of a rule from the person who is using the template to create an event.
The options are:
- Delegated: The ability to edit this rule is delegated to project owner. Project owners can see this rule and are allowed to change the setting.
- Read only: Project owners can see this rule and setting, but cannot edit it.
- Hidden: Project owners cannot see this rule or how it is set.
The Rules page is dynamic, meaning the value you set for a rule could cause the system to automatically refresh the page and display or hide other related rules.
For example, if you changed the value of the bidding rule above Enable scoring on participant responses to Yes, the system would refresh and show the additional rule Enable blind grading on participant responses.