Allocation Processes and Data Action Allocations
Watch this video to discover how the planners at ABC Corporation will use allocation processes and data action allocations in their planning.
Allocation Process Step and Rule
In the following example, the allocation rule is defined to allocate expenses from the Northeast region to the other U.S. regions based on prior year sales. To the right, in the Steps Overview panel, you can see a graphical representation of multiple steps that will run one after the other.
Creating an Allocation Process
- Create an Allocation Process.
- Create an Allocation Step:
- Select the source and target dimensions.
- Input the number of Repetitions if needed.
- Choose to Keep Source or not.
- Choose to Overwrite Target or not.
- Filter by Account.
- Select a Reference Dimension if needed.
- Select a Booking Account if needed.
- Create an Allocation Rule:
- Source: Select a member in the Source dimension.
- Driver: Select a member in the Account dimension.
- Target: Select members in the Target dimension.