You can associate two types of contacts with a supplier:
- Primary supplier managers
- Supplier contacts
Primary Supplier Managers
A primary supplier manager is internal to your organization and is typically a person who is familiar with or interacts with the supplier. Each supplier can have one primary supplier manager. In sites that use modular supplier management questionnaires, the primary supplier manager can receive notifications of expiring or expired questionnaires. In sites that include the Supplier Management dashboard, you can filter supplier searches and the information in the My Suppliers dashboard area by primary supplier manager.
A primary supplier manager is added to a supplier when:
- An administrator imports primary supplier manager data into your site
- Someone in your organization who has the required permissions manually adds a primary supplier manager to the supplier
Supplier contacts are the external people you interact with while doing business with a supplier. Each supplier organization can have multiple supplier contacts. These contacts have logins that allow them to fill out questionnaires, participate in events, negotiate contracts, and perform other tasks in your site via SAP Business Network.
Approved supplier contacts are added to a supplier when:
- An administrator imports supplier contact data into your site
- An approver approves a supplier request, which always includes an initial contact for the supplier
- Someone in your organization who has appropriate permissions manually adds a contact to the supplier
- Someone in the supplier organization creates a login to the supplier's SAP Business Network account, and your site is configured to automatically synchronize them to the supplier's contacts in your siteNoteYour site can be configured to auto-approve synchronized supplier contacts.