You learned in Unit 1 that the SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition authorization concept is based upon an SAP business role concept. You can control access to specific resources, applications (apps), and data through your assignment of business roles to each business user. In this unit, we will discuss business roles and the applications provided to manage them.
To review, the authorization concept can be broken down into the following elements:
A business user is an employee, contractor, or other individual who needs access to SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition. Access to business functions is provided via specific SAP Fiori apps. SAP delivers these apps, along with best practice business processes and scenario models, to support every core function delivered by the system.
Business roles provide the link between the business user and the business applications required, for example, to perform specific job tasks. SAP delivers standard out of the box business roles that can be used to model system access by function or functional area.
To understand what apps are available, as well as which delivered business roles and business catalogs reference specific apps, you can use the SAP Fiori Apps Reference Library provided by SAP.
The SAP Fiori Apps Reference Library provides a comprehensive online repository that contains detailed information about every SAP Fiori app available by SAP product and version. It is designed to aid users, developers, and administrators by providing complete documentation of each app, including how to use the app, how to configure the app, technical details and prerequisites for each apps use and deployment, and so on.
You can use the library to:
- Get key information for each app
- Find configuration information required to integrate apps into the SAP Fiori launchpad
- Review changes and updates from previous app versions
- Leverage installation and configuration information for specific apps
- Link together key SAP resources and documentation
You can also use this library to find the predefined business roles and business catalogs that have been provided by SAP to aid customer implementations. Specifically, the Implementation Information outlines technical details and prerequisites for each app's use and deployment, along with any business catalogs and business roles that SAP has delivered.
To Access the SAP Fiori Apps Reference Library
You can access the SAP Fiori Apps Reference Library online:
- Open your web browser and navigate to https://fioriappslibrary.hana.ondemand.com
- Find SAP Fiori apps using either search or filter:
- Search Bar: Use keywords to search for specific apps.
- Filter Categories: You can filter the library content in multiple ways using predefined categories:
- SAP Product
- Lind of Business
- Application Component
- Product Version
- SAP Best Practices
- Once you identify a suitable SAP Fiori app, you can select it to view detailed information, including the app's name, description, technical ID, product version, and so on.
- Explore the app's features and learn how it can be used, identify related apps, and access the Implementation Documentation to find more technical details and the available implementation content.
Discover Business Role Content from SAP
In the exercise below you will use the SAP Fiori Apps Reference Library to identify relevant Fiori Apps. Also you will determine which Business Catalogs and Business Role Templates are available to develop Business Roles.
You should now be able to use the SAP Fiori Apps Reference Library to identify SAP Fiori apps and relevant business roles.