Test Automation Tool for SAP S/4HANA Cloud
The Test Automation Tool is integral part of SAP S/4HANA Cloud. With preconfigured test scripts you can automate your business process tests. In addition, you can change existing or create new test cases via a recording functionality. In addition, improved regression testing is supported by SAP delivered test automats on app level.
Click on each of the five headings in the graphic below to find out how the Test Automation Tool uses preconfigured test scripts to automate business process tests as an integral part of SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
Stay lifecycle enabled with customer specific test processes
To reduce the efforts for regression testing, use test automation wherever possible. Ensure that you stick to the following recommendations to stay as far as possible lifecycle enabled:
- Stick to standard test automats wherever applicable.
- Leverage data variants, instead of changing the standard test automats.
- To use customer specific master data for testing, do not change the standard test process in the Manage Your Test Processes app. Exchange master data via data variants at test plan level in Test Your Processes app. Upload and download feature is available.
- Change only deviated process steps (for example, if extension/customization is made to business process flow).
- If a deviation from a standard process is needed, copy standard processes and change only the deviated steps (or add custom steps, or delete steps). All other process steps will stay standard and will be updated during upgrades by SAP.
Test Execution Engine on Business Technology Platform
When a test is performed in the Test Your Processes application, a Test Execution Service performs actions in a simulated user interface on behalf of your test user. The Test Execution Service runs on Business Technology Platform. The first step in the communication between the Test Execution Service and the simulated user interface of S/4HANA Cloud is to authenticate the test user through the identity provider.
The test plan covers:
- Information on the business app(s) to be performed
- Information on your actual tenant configuration
- The business data to be used for each screen/dialog step
The Test Execution Service:
- Inserts the data into the simulated browser window for each screen of the business app(s) and triggers.
- Filled screens are sent to the S/4HANA Cloud frontend.
- Records log entries (screen shots and processing status) for each dialog step of the business app(s) and sends to the Test Your Processes App.