Review booklets are application-guided reports that are answer many business questions using out-of-the-box prepared layouts. The prepared layouts are very flexible i.e., they can be adapted by users very easily.
Use the review booklet app to display, analyze, and validate group reporting data at various level of detail. The app presents an aggregated view of financial statements by combining predefined business pages grouped under the main areas of:
- Consolidated Balance Sheet
- Profit & Loss Statement
- Cash Flow Statement
- Statement of Changes in Equity
This collection of pages forms a review booklet, which can be used to carry out a financial review.
In the review booklet, various columns can be selected to display year-over-year, same-period-last-year, and current compared to prior quarter comparisons.
You can easily jump to a validation report or export to excel.
Here is a summary of navigation options:
- Use the FS Item hyperlink to access its properties for display, sorting and hierarchy settings.
- Use the key figure hyperlink to select measures to display.
- Use the numeric value hyperlinks to jump to group journal entries.
- Use the row axis drop-down to switch to other dimensions.
- Use the column axis drop-down to switch to a different column set.
- Use the column header hyperlink to select from a list of columns to display.
In the Profit & Loss (Nature of Expense) report page, you can toggle to several reports by FS item:
- P&L by Reporting Unit
- Profit Margin - Waterfall View
In the report booklet, you can choose a numeric value and drill down into the document details.
Review booklets have two modes:
- Guided Mode helps you structure the business page by providing you with a pre-defined choice of dimensions for display in the rows. Pre-defined column sets are available via a drop-down. When you first open a page, data is displayed in Guided Mode. This simplifies the page to provide the most relevant data at a glance.
- Flexible Mode allows you to add any dimension to the rows or columns of the report. The column set drop-down is only available in Guided Mode.
The review booklet includes a pages for both cash flow and statement of changes in equity reporting that utilizes reporting item hierarchies.