Review booklets are application-guided reports that answer many business questions using out-of-the-box prepared layouts. The prepared layouts can be adapted by users as needed.
Use the review booklet app to display, analyze, and validate group reporting data at various levels of detail. The app presents an aggregated view of financial statements by combining predefined business pages grouped under the main areas of:
- Consolidated Balance Sheet
- Profit & Loss Statement
- Cash Flow Statement
- Statement of Changes in Equity
This collection of pages forms a review booklet, which can be used to carry out a comprehensive financial review.
To use the review booklet, check the following:
- Global Parameters: Make sure that you’ve selected the appropriate global parameters in the Global Parameters app. The review booklet derives the default values for the global filters from what you've selected in the global parameters.
- Check Hierarchies: You can use delivered or custom hierarchies. Regardless of which hierarchies you use, make sure that those hierarchies are activated before using them.
- DEFAULT_HIERARCHY: By default, the consolidation unit hierarchy DEFAULT_HIERARCHY is used for the Consolidation Unit Hierarchy global filter in the review booklet. However, if you're not using the standard content delivered by SAP, you don't have DEFAULT_HIERARCHY in your system. In this case, you must do one of the following in the Manage Global Hierarchies app:
- Create a hierarchy called DEFAULT_HIERARCHY by copying your own custom hierarchy for this name.
- Replace DEFAULT_HIERARCHY with your own custom hierarchy using a different name.
Use the following link to learn more: Group Financial Statements - Review Booklet