After the reported data validation is complete, adjusting entries can be made to comply with the corporate accounting standards. For example, a local subsidiary may report inventory as finished goods but from a corporation perspective it's a work in progress. One-time accounting adjustments can be performed manually with group journals or automatically with the reclassification task. These adjusting entries reside only in group reporting because they’re independent from the SAP General Ledger. Adjusting entries can be audited by using the posting level and document type dimensions.
Let's do a quick review of posting levels and document types.
Posting levels are used to track the origin of data by key process step. For example, reported data uses posting level 00, standardized data uses 10, eliminated data uses 20, and consolidated data uses 30. Posting levels can be used to visualize where data is coming from when running reports and therefore provide a high-level audit trail.
Document types provide a more detailed audit trail. For example, data release uses document type 0F, file uploads use 00, and SAP Group Reporting data collection uses 0C. Each document type uses only one posting level but one posting level can use multiple document types.
There are several apps available to process group reporting journals:
- You can launch the Post Group Journal Entries app from the monitors.
- You can also access the Post Group Journal Entries app directly.
- Use the Display Group Journal Entries app to lookup posted documents.
- Use the Display Group Journal Entries with Reporting Logic app to look-up posted documents with elimination entities.
- Use the Mass Reversal app to reverse multiple documents at one time.
- Use the Import Group Journal app to do mass uploads.
The following apps are used to display group journals:
- The Display Group Journal Entries app is used to display line items of posting documents without any reporting logic. Consolidation unit, profit center and segment hierarchies aren't required and are not included in the output.
- The Display Group Journal Entries with Reporting Logic app is used to display line items of posting documents with reporting logic. The reporting logic is used to dynamically display elimination entity values by applying the first-common-parent rule to hierarchies selected at run-time. Consolidation unit, profit center and segment hierarchies are required and are included in the output.