Balance carryforward is run in the data monitor for the first period of the new year.
To run the Balance Carrryforward task, follow these steps:
- Set your global parameters to period 1 of the new year.
- Run Balance Carrryforward.
- View the log.
The log only displays FS items where the source FS item isn’t the same as the target FS item. For example:
- Current-year retained earnings 317000 in the prior year is the source.
- Prior-year retained earnings 316000 in the current year is the target.
In the following image, the Item PY: 317000 for 2022 is carried forward to Item CY: 316000 in 2023.
In the Prior-year retained earnings and subitem rollups example, the 2022 value for prior-year retained earnings resides on the 915 variation transaction type as part of a start-up scenario data. Normally, prior-year retained earnings will only have values for the opening balance.
In thePrior-year retained earnings and subitem rollups example:
- FS item 311000 Issued Capital was carried forward to the same FS item for the local currency and group currency amounts.
- FS item 316000 Prior-year Retained Earnings for 2023 = prior-year retained earnings 2022 + FS item 317000 current-year retained earnings for 2022.
In the following animation, you need to solve a business scenario. Note: there’s no audio for this interaction.