After data is released from accounting into group reporting, the Validate Universal Journal task is run.
- The Validation of Universal Journal task checks for several issues:
- Errors can occur in the form of missing or incorrect sub-assignments for FS items. For example, is there a subitem for the cash FS item? Is partner unit missing for an intercompany FS item?
- As of the 2022 Edition, the Validation of Universal Journal task checks for discrepancies with the rules defined in the Manage Substitution/Validations Rules - Group Journal Entries app. For example, the validation will check if there is a trading partner in an intercompany posting. The Validation of Universal Journal task will detect out-of-balances items.
- For editions prior to 2022, the Validation of Universal Journal task detects out-of-balances. This could be caused by missing mappings between G/L accounts and FS items. For example, you have the following entry in ACDOCA:
- Debit to account 10010000 that is mapped to FS item 111100
- Credit to account 44000000 that is not mapped to an FS item
- The data release will bring in the 10010000/111100 line item but not 44000000 ... causing an out-of-balance.
- If there is an error, subsequent tasks cannot be blocked in the data monitor.
In the Validation of universal journal data figure, the Validation of Universal Journal task was run but there weren't any errors.