SAP S/4HANA Cloud Extensibility Model
The SAP S/4HANA Cloud extensibility model is anchored around the following three principles:
- Extensions can only be implemented internally within SAP S/4HANA Cloud as on-stack extensions or externally as side-by-side extensions running on SAP BTP.
- Extensions can only use released local or remote public SAP Application Programing Interfaces (APIs) and BAdIs.
- Extensions can only be implemented using cloud enabled and released technologies
Chief amongst the principles of the SAP S/4HANA Cloud extensibility model are the extension types. There are three extension patterns contained in two categories, as follows:
- On-Stack Extensions, which consist of two distinct types:
- Key User Extensions (Type 1)
- Developer Extensions (Type 2)
- Side-By-Side Extensions (Type 3)