In this lesson, you will learn how to check the version of your SAP HANA Cloud database instance.
You will see how to upgrade your SAP HANA Cloud database instance to the current available version.
After the update, you can check the version of your SAP HANA Cloud database instance.
As a database administrator, you want to upgrade your companies SAP HANA Cloud database, but before the upgrade you want to check the version of the database to be sure that everything is prepared.
Check Database Version
Before you upgrade your SAP HANA Cloud database instance you want to know the current version in order to check the upgrade notes for possible changes and fixes.
Your SAP HANA Cloud database instance is part of the SAP Business Technology Platform, to find your SAP HANA Cloud database instance you need to perform the following steps.
- Logon to the SAP Business Technology Platform account and navigate to the SAP HANA Cloud database area by following on of these paths:
- For an BTP account: <your BTP home page> → <your global account> → <your subaccount> → <your development space> → from the navigation pane select SAP HANA Cloud button → select the button Manage HANA Cloud
- For an BTP enterprise account: <your BTP home page> → your enterprise global account> → select the Subaccounts link → <your subaccount> → <your development space> → from the navigation pane select SAP HANA Cloud button → select the button Manage HANA Cloud
- A sign-in tab opens, select your e-mail address to continue the sign in process.
- In the new tab you are now logged on to the SAP HANA Cloud Central application.
The SAP HANA Cloud Central (1) opens in a new browser tab. This makes it easier to navigate between the SAP HANA Cloud Central and SAP BTP Cockpit.
Press the °°° (2) button to open the Actions Menu for the selected cloud database. From the Actions Menu select the Open in SAP HANA cockpit (3) option.
Whenever you start a new SAP HANA Cloud session, you will have to logon to your SAP HANA Cloud Cockpit. In the Choose Authentication pop-up window, specify you SAP HANA cockpit user account and password (1). Press OK (2) to logon.
If this is your first visit to the SAP HANA cockpit, you might want to change the View display from Monitoring to All (3) to see all the available SAP HANA cockpit cards.
For quick navigation in the SAP HANA cockpit - Overview page search for Database Information (1) using the search field.
The Database Information (2) card is found. In the card you can already see the SAP HANA Version. Select the Database Information if you need more information like SAP HANA Version History or Installed Plugin version.