Before you upload files to SAP Responsible Design and Production, check if the conditions in this list are fulfilled. If one of the conditions is not fulfilled, the import will fail.
- Adhere to the proper upload order. See Data Import Through File Upload.
- The file size does not exceed 25 MB.
- In case you need to split your file, make sure that the split is done at the correct rows for all related tabs accordingly. For example, when you load more than one file for deliveries make sure to do the split in both tabs (
DeliveryItem) at the same place, at the same delivery ID. When you need to split the file for products make the split in each tab at the same product ID.
- The file format is XLSX. CSV files cannot be imported.
- No sheets from the template files were removed. Additional sheets can be added. Additional sheets are disregarded during the import.
- No sheet names were changed and are matching the template files.
- The five header lines in column A were not changed and are matching the template files. See Common Elements.
- No additional columns were inserted. In case you want to add a comment, use the "Your Remarks" column.
- The correct SAP S/4HANA attribute was exported for every field. The proper SAP S/4HANA attribute is listed in the file templates for every column.
- The mandatory fields are filled. See Common Elements.
- The field length does not exceed the maximum field length.
- The data type of every field is correct.
- The row with sample values is removed.
- Adhere to the correct data and time format and use the correct decimal separator. See Format.
- Values from code lists are used. For some fields, only values from a code list are allowed. Make sure to use values from the code list for those fields. The code lists are part of the templates.
- Related values exist. Some field values must match a corresponding value from a related sheet or file. That means, a value must match another value in a different file or sheet that you need to import, too. Make sure to use values that exist in the related sheet or file.
- No blank line items or blank fields are left in column B. If an empty field is encountered in column B, then this is regarded as the end of the table. Only the data that was read until this point is imported.