Set up SAP Product Footprint Management.
You can get started with SAP Product Footprint Management using the standard procedures for the SAP BTP, Cloud Foundry environment.
Setting up the Global Account and Subaccount
You must set up your global account and subaccount on SAP BTP, Cloud Foundry environment. For an overview of the required steps, see Getting Started in the Cloud Foundry Environment.
SAP Product Footprint Management is currently only available for the Region Europe (Netherlands) under Microsoft Azure. Please choose this option when you set up a subaccount. The solution will be made available in other Regions and Data Centers soon.
Also, the SAP Product Footprint Management subaccount runs on the cloud management tools feature set B.
Managing Quotas and Entitlements
Assign entitlements to the SAP Product Footprint Management subaccounts by adding service plans using the SAP BTP cockpit. To assign entitlements, complete the steps listed below:
- From your SAP BTP cockpit, access a subaccount. Select the Entitlements section from the navigation pane on the left.
- Choose Configure Entitlements to start editing entitlements for the subaccount.
- Choose Add Service Plans and from the dialog, select the service SAP Product Footprint Management and the Standard Plan.
- Once you're done, choose Save to save the changes and exit the edit mode.
For more information, see Managing Quota and Entitlements.
Subscribing to the Application and Services
To subscribe to the application, complete the steps listed below.
- From your SAP BTP cockpit, access a subaccount.
Go to the Instances and Subscriptions tab and choose Create.
The Instances and Subscriptions dialog box appears. You see multiple entries for various services.
- Choose SAP Product Footprint Management under the Plan drop-down list. Note
The Subscription option corresponds to the application and Instance corresponds to the API usage. SAP Product Footprint Management provides both. However, to get API usage access, you must first subscribe to the application.
- Start by choosing standard as your subscription plan.
Once you are subscribed, choose Go to Application. You can now access SAP Product Footprint Management.Note
If you have tenants who are authorized to use SAP Product Footprint Management from your service or application, as the account administrator, you must provide them with the application URL.
- To gain access to the APIs, choose Standard Instance on the New Instance or Subscription dialog box. Enter all details as described in Creating Service Instances in Cloud Foundry.
Create a service key as described in Creating a Service Key.
You now have the credentials to access all APIs provided by SAP Product Footprint Management.
For more information, see Subscribing to Multitenant Applications.
Unsubscribing from the Solution
To unsubscribe from the SAP Product Footprint Management solution, you must delete the subscription.
To delete the subscription, complete the following steps:
- In the Instances and Subscriptions tab, choose the Subscriptions view.
- Choose Delete from the SAP Product Footprint Management tile.
When you unsubscribe from the solution, all the captured data in the solution is deleted.