You‘re probably wondering which of your business processes are potential candidates for automation, or if there are any limitations. It’s true you should choose your scenarios and use cases wisely, especially as you get started as a citizen developer, but in fact, you are not limited to a dedicated line of business or industry with what you can do. You can use SAP Build Process Automation anywhere and take advantage of native integrations with SAP applications.
Assessing ideal scenarios for process automation
You can build, adapt, improve, and innovate many kinds of business processes with minimum assistance from IT – for example:
- Automate manual, repetitive tasks such as copy-pasting data into a spreadsheet.
- Digitalize manual and semi-automated processes, for example, capital expenditure approvals.
- Automate when there is a high volume of process steps, think of entering sales order data.
- Automatically aggregate data from multiple systems, and purchase record updates.
- Extend and adapt the standard flows of your business applications (SAP or non-SAP, on-premise or in the cloud), for example adding several levels of approvals for a sales order.
- Automate end-to-end cross-application workflows, that span several systems (for example your ERP and your human resources (HR) systems), in employee onboarding processes.