Recruiters or the hiring team can forward the candidates as an applicant from the evergreen job requisition to the child requisition in the Default status. So, the Forward as Applicant functionality creates an application for a candidate as if the candidate has applied to the job requisition and saved in Recruiting.
When a candidate is Forwarded as an Applicant, the system always creates an application in the ‘default status’, provided the system will determine data for all mandatory fields in the resulting application.
If mandatory data is missing, the application creation would fail. Apart from a few differences, Application processing with Forward as Applicant action is similar to how ‘Forward to Requisition’ works.
The Forward as Applicant feature can be enabled using a button configuration under job application template linked to the requisition from which the candidate is forwarded. This button should be permissioned to all Recruiting operators who should be able to use the Forward as Applicant feature.
Recruiting users can forward a candidate's application by using one of the following ways:
- Candidate Summary page → Actions menu
- Candidate’s Application → Take Action → Forward → Forward as Applicant
- Candidate Workbench → Actions menu
- Jobs Applied Portlet on the Candidate’s Application → Take Actions → Forward as Candidate
When the Recruiting user takes the action of forwarding a candidate as an applicant, they will be prompted to search for the relevant job requisition that the candidate should be forwarded to.
The Forward as Applicant feature is not specific to the evergreen requisition and can be used generally. When a candidate is forwarded as an applicant to a job requisition, a banner displays on the candidate’s application that they have been forwarded as applicant to the selected job requisitions. In the internal and external Career portal (mobile and non-mobile apply), candidates can now view the applications to which they were forwarded as an applicant in the Jobs Applied section.
Forward as applicant is based on the privacy setting that a candidate sets on the My candidate profile, Make My Profile Visible to option (only relevant if Make My Profile Visible to is configured).
The candidate privacy settings affect forwarding a candidate using the Forward as Applicant functionality. While forwarding the candidates as an applicant, if the candidate privacy setting has restricted view, then the candidate isn’t forwarded to a requisition.
Considerations include the following:
- When forwarding an external candidate, users can only forward as an applicant to job requisitions that are posted to the external career site. If an internal candidate is being forwarded as an applicant, the recruiting user can only forward the candidate to jobs that are posted to the internal career site.
- Assessment information, background check results, and interview results are not carried forward to a new application. Instead, you can view the information from the new application.
- For the Forward as Applicant functionality, late-stage isn’t a prerequisite.
- While setting the application status as new application, if single stage is enabled, application creation fails if mandatory fields aren’t provided. If multistage is enabled, mandatory fields are validated for the default state.
- If the candidate was forwarded by an agency or as an Employee Referral, their original source will carry with the candidate’s application after they have been forwarded as an applicant.
- A recruiter can forward a candidate as an applicant from an evergreen requisition to its child requisition, irrespective of the candidate visibility option. The candidate visibility is set by the candidate by using the Make my Profile Visible to section on the Candidate Profile creation page.
- A user can choose to forward multiple applicants as well as a single applicant by using this feature.