Tiles display a single metric in a consolidated view, such as the status of a manager’s current performance forms or the highest rated competencies of the team. They are fast, flexible, and visual data. Each tile is independent, so administrators can mix and match tiles into a tile-baseddashboard. There is also a tool for administrators to build their own simple tiles. Standard Tiles are available using the Success Store.
Standard Dashboards are slower than tiles, are hardcoded and have complex logic that may not always work for all customers. When installing a standard dashboard, you cannot edit or hide any of the charts, so you must accept all charts as-is. If one of the charts in the dashboard does not work, users will see a dashboard with a broken chart inside which is not ideal. Customized dashboards can be created via engagements with partners or professional services.
Tile-based Dashboards are a collection of tiles. Tile-based dashboards provide a method to easily collect and visualize multiple Tiles in a single place. Administrators can create and share these dashboards for targeted user groups.
For a full list of Standard Tiles, please review the document SAP SuccessFactors People Analytics Directory in the SAP Help Portal.
Features of SAP SuccessFactors Dashboards include:
- Select to view available Dashboards
- Use Dashboard Settings & Filters to refine data
- Click in charts to filter and drill down to a list
- Download lists as CSV or Excel files
- Zoom into specific charts for more information
- Get extra insights in mouse over tooltip
Dashboards are interactive, enabling managers to view summary information for their teams. When a manager first accesses the Dashboards tab, the data shown is based on their entire team. The manager can then filter the data to view different sets of information or drill down to a list view to get to the detail behind the chart and take action.
Common Use Cases for Dashboards and Tiles:
- Supplying critical information to the homepage for managers. For example, the status of the direct report performance forms, such as overdue
- Utilizing standard dashboards to see consolidated data on the subjects, for example:
- See targeted roles among people in a manager’s team and the competency readiness for those roles via the CDP Dashboard
- See an overview of the most common competencies, competency gaps and competency ratings for the manager’s team
- Provide real time information in a location in the SAP SuccessFactors platform where it is needed, for example
- When working in Succession Module, a succession planner could see who is nominated most times in a selected team to avoid selecting them again