SAP Signavio Process Navigator
SAP Signavio Process Navigator is the library of SAP's predefined business process content for different solutions. SAP Process Navigator is the successor of SAP Best Practices Explorer.
A solution scenario includes the documentation of each solution process in addition to resources (known as "accelerators") that are designed to help with implementing the business process content of the solution.
A solution process describes the process steps involved with completing an activity from start to finish in the relevant system. For example, the solution process Time Recording (1Q4) guides you through the process of an employee recording actual working time against accounting objects in the relevant application. The terms, solution process and business process are synonymous.
A solution process is visually displayed in the solution process flow diagram, and the steps to complete the process in an actual SAP S/4HANA Cloud system are documented in the test script, located in the accelerators section. Many solution processes have task tutorials, which are simulations that guide a user through the steps of the test script in a virtual SAP S/4HANA Cloud environment. These same tutorials can be found in a live SAP S/4HANA Cloud system as part of the embedded support. If a task tutorial is available, an additional tab will display in the accelerators section titled, End-User Information.
An additional test script with (SAP Cloud ALM) in parentheses is for the implementation team to use when creating manual test cases in SAP Cloud ALM for the final user acceptance testing after each solution process has been configured in the customer's SAP S/4HANA Cloud system landscapes. If a solution process requires a predefined integration or other prerequisite tasks to function correctly, set-up instructions are also provided in the accelerators section.
The solution scenarios relevant for SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public Edition are:
- SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public Edition: Master package of all preconfigured business processes available in SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public Edition.
- SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud for Public Sector: Selection of business processes from the master package with a focus on public sector management. The solution provides core business processes in finance, sourcing and procurement, and budgeting.
- Service Centric ERP for SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public Edition: Selection of business processes from the master package with a focus on service centric ERP. The solution provides best practices for financial management, industry-specific capabilities for project and service-related operations, with a particular emphasis on serving small and midsize companies in service-oriented industries.
The solution scenarios relevant for SAP S/4HANA Cloud Private Edition are:
- SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud Private Edition: Master package of all preconfigured business processes available in SAP S/4HANA (on premise) and SAP S/4HANA Cloud Private Edition.
- Enterprise Management Layer for SAP S/4HANA: Selection of business processes from the master package with a focus on providing a global template for customers operating in multiple countries. It offers preconfigured, localized business processes for up to 49 countries with a corporate financial design that allows parallel accounting according to group and local requirements based on three sets of ledgers and accounting principles (Group/Local/Tax).