Once you get through your initial training and feel ready to use low-code / no-code, the easiest way to get started is to use pre-built content, also known as content packages or learning packages. Sometimes people also call them plug-ins or apps or extensions. To sum it up, these are low-code / no-code automation and application building blocks that have already been created for the most common use cases in an enterprise. They not only make your development time faster but also allow you to learn from the best practices in your industry or line of business.
Getting started with the pre-built content store
When you think you have a process that could be automated, your first stop should be the marketplaces where these extensions are listed. Even better, take some time to browse all the pre-built content packages and integrations that are relevant to your job and line of business to find solutions simply waiting for you to activate them.
From pre-built workflows to pre-built bots, SAP offers a broad range of solutions spanning lines of business. Here is a sampling of what you will find:
- In finance, there are content packages for supplier invoice checks, automated uploads of bank statement files, management of payment advice, mass asset management, and CAPEX management.
- In procurement. you will find packages for creating purchase requisitions from excel, managing catalog items, creation of business partners, and physical inventory counts.
- In human resources, you will find tools for automatic interview scheduling and automatically answering email questions.
Here are a couple of real examples of pre-built content for you to review:
- Sales Order Approvals https://spa-product-success-team-applicationdevelopment.lcnc.cfapps.eu10.hana.ondemand.com/store/eu10-canary.content.samplesalesordermanagement
- Change and Innovation Approvals https://spa-product-success-team-applicationdevelopment.lcnc.cfapps.eu10.hana.ondemand.com/store/eu10-canary.content.changerequestprocess
These are just a few highlights while the actual list goes on and on. Whether you’re in supply chain, marketing, sales, services, or engineering, if your company runs SAP, there is likely a pre-built content package for you. If you don’t find what you are looking for, that is why you are becoming a citizen developer. You will be able to build what you need using low-code / no-code tools.