After you have learned that you can use services offered by the SAP BTP on the SAP BTP, Kyma runtime, you will learn in this exercise, how you can create Service Instances as well as Service Bindings on the Kyma Dashboard. You will also learn how to check for them via the SAP BTP Cockpit.
You can perform this exercise in two ways:
- Platform Simulation – follow the step-by-step instructions within the simulation.
- Live Environment - by using the instructions provided below, you can perform the steps in the SAP BTP Free Tier account.
We strongly recommend that you perform the steps in the Live Environment first.
Choose the Start Exercise button below to open a simulation of the platform. Then follow the step-by-step instructions to set up a Service Instance and a Service Binding on the SAP BTP, Kyma runtime.
In this exercise, you will perform the following steps:
- Set up a new namespace.
- Create a Service Instance using the Kyma Dashboard.
- Check the Service Instance on the SAP BTP Cockpit.
- Create a Service Binding using the Kyma Dashboard.
- Check the Service Binding on the SAP BTP Cockpit.
- You have successfully created a SAP BTP Kyma runtime instance in the SAP BTP subaccount.
- You have an entitlement for the Free Tier service plan of "SAP credential store".
Disclaimer: In this exercise, we use the service SAP Credential Store to exemplify the service management process on SAP BTP, Kyma runtime. To use this service, you have to entitle it to your subaccount first. Please feel free to execute this exercise with any other service of your choice. However, make sure that you choose a Free Tier Service because services that aren’t included in Free Tier lead to additional costs for you.