Predictive Analytics Naturally Complements Planning
Predictive forecasts are based on actual historical data. These predictive forecasts are important extra sources of information for users such as financial controllers, supply chain planners, and sales representatives, to make decisions using their business acumen and knowledge.
The automated machine learning capabilities in SAP Analytics Cloud can assist users to enhance business decision-making.
Machine Learning Helps Planners Take Confident Decisions with SAP Analytics Cloud Predictive Planning
- Predictive forecasting automates the creation of baseline planning models.
- Planners then supplement these forecasts based on business acumen.
- Planners monitor plan attainment based on continuously updated predictions.
- SAP Analytics Cloud predictive planning supports top-down and bottom-up planning processes–enabling the planner to automatically build forecasts at the correct level of detail.
Predictive Forecasting Combines the Power of Planning and Predictive
Planners can use time series forecasting at large scale to support key use cases related to expense forecasting, sales planning, and/or workforce planning, for example. They can then complement the planning and budgeting activities with a data-driven approach to planning.
Planners benefit from Smart Predict capabilities to generate predicted forecasts, considering one or several business dimensions. Smart Predict allows them to analyze forecast accuracy by dimension value and understand signal breakdown in detail.
Planners select a planning model as the input of Smart Predict, generate segmented predictive models, and deliver predictive forecasts in the planning grid in a few clicks.
Your input is minimal: actuals are used by default. Only relevant columns are displayed and selection of multiple dimensions is supported for bottom-up forecasting.
Integrated Predictive Functions
- Augment time series charts and line charts with predictive forecasts:
- Augment the planning grid with forecasts:
- Create predictive models with greater levels of control using Smart Predict (including bottom-up time series models) and serve both SAP Analytics Cloud BI and planning needs: