In this lesson, you will:
- Discover the user interface of SAP Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Set your expectations regarding the effort needed to create a basic CI/CD job using this service
- Watch the creation of a basic CI/CD job in SAP Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Watch the integration of other DevOps services (SAP Cloud Transport Management and SAP Alert Notification service for SAP BTP) into a CI/CD job
Demo: Creating a Basic CI/CD Job in SAP Continuous Integration and Delivery
SAP Continuous Integration and Delivery comes with a user interface that helps you create and configure CI/CD jobs so that they fit your specific use case.
In the following demo, watch the creation of a basic CI/CD job in the service.
These are the necessary steps to create a CI/CD job in SAP Continuous Integration and Delivery:
- First, you are asked for some basic information to connect the job with your source code repository and optionally, automate it through a webhook event receiver.
- Then, you choose the pipeline that fits your development project.
- After that, you can switch on and configure different stages to enable what you need, for example different testing types.
- Finally, you can choose to connect your CI/CD job to additional DevOps services on SAP BTP:
- SAP Cloud Transport Management lets you apply a standardized and enterprise-ready change-management process
- SAP Alert Notification service for SAP BTP automatically sends you notifications about the builds of your job
You now have a basic understanding of how to create basic CI/CD jobs in SAP Continuous Integration and Delivery.