ABC Corporation needs to use close status management, workflow, and integrated eliminations. They need to activate the reconciliation close process.
Prerequisites to activate the reconciliation close process are:
- You have created reconciliation cases by using the Define Reconciliation Cases app.
- You set up the workflow scenario and the involved teams and responsibilities.
To activate the reconciliation close process, go to SAP graphical user interface. Use transaction code CXE9N to access the SAP S/4HANA for Group Reporting configuration area. Expand Intercompany Matching and Reconcilation → Reconciliation Close.
- Close Prerequisite - In the Close Prerequisite column, select one of the following options:
- No Prerequisite: The reconciliation status can be set to Closed regardless of the matching results of document items included in the reconciliation case.
- All Items Are Assigned: The reconciliation status can only be set to Closed when all the included document items have achieved the Assigned status.
- All Items Are Matched: The reconciliation status can only be set to Closed when all the included document items have achieved the Matched status.
- Workflow Option: In the Workflow Option column, select one of the following options:
- No Workflow: No approval workflow is required to change the reconciliation status.
- Only When Difference Exceeds Tolerance: When the difference of reference GC (group currency) amounts between two sides exceeds the tolerance set for the leading display group of the reconciliation case, an approval workflow is required to close the reconciliation.
- Only When Difference Exists: When two sides have amount differences, an approval workflow is required to close the reconciliation.
- Always: An approval workflow is always required to close the reconciliation.
- Workflow Scenario ID: WS78500027 is the delivered scenario to approve reconciliation close requests for consolidation.
- Reference GC Amount: Select the amount field used for calculating reconciliation differences between trading partners and, as a basis for calculating currency translation differences.
- PDF Form Object: For any reconciliation cases that you want to download reconciliation statement in PDF form from the Manage Reconciliation Close app, specify the PDF form object name. If you leave it empty, the standard PDF form ICA_RECON_PAIR_CLOSE (PDF Form for Unit Pair Reconciliation Statement) will be used.
As a result of activating the reconciliation close process, the Manage Reconciliation Close app can be used to monitor the Elimination Status and the Reconciliation Close Status. In additiion, workflow can be used to enhance collaboration during the matching process.