Robert, our new consolidation consultant, wants to:
- Understand the different predefined write document types (0C, 0D, and 07) used for data mapping in SAP S/4HANA Finance for group reporting Data Collection apps.
- Understand the assignment of the write document types to the Data Upload task 1020 - Data Collection.
- Learn the importance of ensuring the periods are open before starting the upload with the Run Mapping app.
The following predefined write document types 0C, 0D, and 07 can be used for Data Mapping and depend on the data source:
- Document Type 0C = Source/Data mapped from a file.
- Document Type 0D = Source/Data mapped from the ACDOCA S/4HANA table.
- Document Type 07 = Source/Data mapped from an external source (Import API) or retrieved through the Group Journal Entries (ACDOCU).
The figure above describes the settings of the three hard-coded write document types used across SAP S/4HANA Finance for group reporting Data Collection apps.
For all kinds of Data Uploads task 1020 - Data Collection is delivered in the content.
Document type 00 is the document type used by the system for postings, when you use the upload interface SAP S/4HANA Finance for group reporting itself delivers.
Document type 0C, 0D and 07 are used by the system for postings when SAP S/4HANA Finance for group reporting Data Collection or the API solution are used.
In both cases the document type has to be assigned to the task for your consolidation version. This assignment uses the effective fiscal year and effective period.
As a consequence you will also see the status of your data uploads in the Data Monitor when you upload your data using SAP S/4HANA Finance for group reporting Data Collection.
When you set your language and region settings on the SAP Fiori Launchpad, you should not only determine the language of the application but also the thousand and decimal separator used in SAP S/4HANA Finance for group reporting Data Collection.
Since the Run Mapping app for example checks if the Global Parameters are set, you will have to set them before you start working with SAP S/4HANA Finance for group reporting Data Collection.
The Periods in which you will load your data have to be open before you start the upload with the Run Mapping app.