Group reporting uses two monitors:
- The Data Monitor for data preparation tasks
- The Consolidation Monitor for elimination tasks and ownership tasks.
The monitors are used to:
- Open and close periods
- Run month-end closing tasks
- Check the status
- Ensure a logical sequence and data consistency
- Provide a one-stop-shop | launchpad for most closing activities.
You use the data monitor to run the activities for collecting and preparing the financial data reported by your consolidation units. These activities are called tasks. The tasks of the data monitor are predefined and ready to use. The system manages the status of the tasks and thus ensures a logical sequence and consistent data.
Following the data preparation phase, the financial data is ready for consolidation using the Consolidation Monitor. Here you can execute all kinds of intercompany eliminations, manual eliminations, enter or calculate group shares as well as execute Consolidation of Investments and validate consolidated data.