You need to identify the main analytical apps to use to ensure a good follow-up of your projects.
You want to review the planned and budgeted data for your projects in an SAP S/4HANA report and discover the possible display and editing settings (such as available views, bookmark creation, report export, and navigation to other relevant apps). You want to understand how to customize the report layout and save your custom layout for future use.
As in most of the reporting apps, selecting displayed elements enables you to perform additional analysis or actions. Depending on your needs, you choose different apps:
- Apps to monitor projects: Project Financial Controller Overview, Project Control - Enterprise Projects, Monitor Projects.
- Apps to follow-up on actual and plan data of projects: Project Cost Report Plan/Actual, Project Cost Report – Line Items, Projects Actual.
- Apps to check the budget and commitments on projects: Project Budget Report.
Reporting apps will enable you, once the project you are interested in is selected, to access an overview about costs, budget, and plan data. Then, from this display, you have the possibility to analyze the details using the Analyze in option.
Example of drill-down approach:
- 1. Open the Project Control – Enterprise Projects app
- 2. Filter the project(s)
- 3. Select the project(s)
- 4. Choose Analyze in
- 5. Select, for example, the Monitor Projects app
Then choose to View Costs or View Budget.
In the figure you will get a quick overview of some of the main reporting apps.