SAP SuccessFactors Compensation is a system designed to standardize the compensation planning for compensation professionals, such as compensation business users. Compensation business users are assured that rewards are not just calculated correctly, but fairly, to help retain top performers.
SAP SuccessFactors Compensation is a template-based salary and long-term incentive (stock) planning solution, which provides the following benefits:
- Manage salary and long-term incentive planning easily
- Eliminate manager bias
- Increase insight with metrics
- Improve budget and regulatory compliance
- Assure data integrity
Integration with Other SAP SuccessFactors Solutions
There are several SAP SuccessFactors solutions that can be integrated with SAP SuccessFactors Compensation:
- SAP SuccessFactors Variable Pay: SAP SuccessFactors Variable Pay is a template-based, short-term incentive (bonus) planning solution, that is part of SAP SuccessFactors Compensation license pack. It is typically implemented separately from Compensation. Variable Pay uses the same administration interface as that of Compensation, but the tools used for bonus configuration are different from the tools used for salary or stock planning. A Total Compensation Plan can be used to manage both Variable Pay and Compensation planning in the same template.
- SAP SuccessFactors Performance Management: Compensation and Variable Pay can pull objectives and ratings from Performance Management. An intuitive administration interface can be used to identify the Performance Management template used for the specific cycle.
- People Profile without Employee Central: People Profile is a feature that comes standard as part of SAP SuccessFactors platform. People Profile consolidates all employee information in an easy-to-navigate interface. Data from an external human resource information system (HRIS) can be uploaded manually or automatically using a CSV file called a user data file and populate the configured sections and fields in the People Profile. SAP SuccessFactors Compensation can leverage the employee data from the HRIS for planning purposes. Upon completion of salary and long-term incentive planning, new compensation data can be published back to People Profile or sent back to the external HRIS.
- People Profile with Employee Central: When the customer's HRIS is SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central, there is no need to import or export the user data file. People Profile provides a user-friendly experience for Employee Central. On People Profile, you can access existing Employee Central functionality, such as employee self-service (ESS) and manager self-service (MSS), where you can add and edit an employee's personal or employment information. For compensation planning purposes, you can directly map Employee Central data to compensation forms. Upon completion of salary planning, new compensation data are published back to Employee Central and appropriately visible in People Profile.
Integration with Other SAP SuccessFactors Modules
Out-of-the-box customer instances require preliminary setup to enable Compensation. The minimum Compensation management settings in Provisioning to enable Compensation can be found in Implementing and Managing Compensation. This guide includes a full list and descriptions of all Compensation-related Provisioning settings.
Access to Provisioning is only available to internal or partner consultants and only with customer authorization. These settings are made available in the Compensation Home interface to make it easy for customers to manage the settings after going live. Navigate to Admin Center → Compensation Home → Actions for All Plans → Company Settings.
Table: Provisioning Settings
Role-Based Permission Settings
The key roles in SAP SuccessFactors Compensation include the following:
- Administrators: Access to all Compensation Tools
- Compensation Planners/Managers: Access to Compensation Worksheets
- Human Resource Business Partners: Access to Compensation Worksheets/Reports
- Executive Reviewers (Top Management): Access to all Compensation Worksheets/Reports
Role-based permissions control the following:
- Access to tabs and sub-tabs of SAP SuccessFactors Compensation Home
- Permission for read/edit/mass action/exporting data in Executive Review
- Visibility of reward statements
- Access to specific compensation plans, which can be activated by selecting Enable Role-Based Permissions for Compensation and Variable Pay Template Access in Company Settings.
Role-based permissions do not control the following:
- Field attributes
- Field-based permissions
Minimum Role-Based Permission Settings
At the very least, the following permissions should be considered:
Role-Based Permission Settings
|Roles||Permission Name||Permission Type||Choose||Description|
|Comp admin||Manage Compensation and Variable Pay||Administrative||Select All||Allows access to tools common to both Compensation and Variable Pay|
|Comp admin||Manage Compensation||Administrative||Select all||Allows access to Compensation tools|
|Comp admin||Compensation||User||Executive Read/Edit/Mass Action all plans||Allows access to Executive Review forms|
|Comp admin||Compensation and Variable pay||User||Executive Review export||Allows user to export data from Executive Review|
|Comp admin||Check Tool||Administrative||Select All||Allows access to Check Tool|
|Planner/managers||Manage Compensation||Administrative||Compensation Management Permission||Allows Comp tab to be visible even if no forms have been routed to inbox|
|HR||Reports permission||User||Select All||Access to all reports|
|HR||Manager Compensation||Administrative||Compensation Management Permission||Allows Comp tab to be visible even if no forms have been routed to inbox|
|Executives||Compensation||User||Executive Read/Edit/Mass Action all plans||Allows access to Executive Review forms|
|Executives||Manage Compensation||Administrative||Compensation Management Permission||Allows Comp tab to be visible when viewing Executive Review forms|
Your Role as a Consultant
Your role as a consultant is to:
- Configure the SAP SuccessFactors solution in a way that meets the customer’s needs.
- Train the customer on how to maintain the SAP SuccessFactors Compensation solution.
- Point the customer to additional training and resources that are available to them.