In this lesson, you will expand your application with an API, which allows to get data from your SAP S/4HANA back-end system. This enables the application to use data directly from the back-end system.
In this exercise, you will perform the following tasks:
- Get familiar with the Service Center in SAP Business Application Studio.
- Add the Business Partner API to the application.
- Add the Business Partner entity to your application service.
- Configure an SAP Business Accelerator Hub Destination
You have successfully completed the exercise Define Services.
Note, that some of the services that this learning journey links to, can incur costs.
If you are concerned about charges, you can opt to skip the corresponding exercises and watch the simulation instead.
You can perform this exercise in two ways:
- Live Environment / Practice System: you can perform the steps provided below, either in your SAP BTP account or you use the "Practice System Access" provided below.
- Simulation: follow the step-by-step instructions within the simulation.
You can try out this exercise in the practice system below. Open the system by clicking on the bottom on the end of this page.
Please note that the practice system access only covers access to the SAP Business Application Studio. When deploying to an SAP BTP runtime or consuming other SAP BTP services, you have to use an SAP BTP Trial Account, Free-Tier, or an Enterprise Account.
The following simulation reproduces the full exercise execution: