This phase consists of the following steps:
- Selection of maintenance orders to be executed
- Material availability check
- Capacity check of available capacities
- Evaluate and issue relevant permits
- Evaluate risks and create a safety plan
- Tagging of relevant areas (only when using WCM)
- Order release and printing of shop papers
Maintenance Planning Overview
- Analyze outstanding notifications that have not yet been processed and that have not yet been assigned to a maintenance order
- Analyze maintenance orders that are still in planning and have not yet been released for processing
- Analyze purchase requisitions or purchase orders that have not yet been released for non-stock materials that are required as spare parts in maintenance orders
- Display approved purchase requisitions for non-stock materials for which no purchase order has been generated
- Display non-stock materials that have been ordered but may not be available on the requirement date
- Analyze released maintenance orders whose end date is in the past and have still not been finally confirmed
- Analyze confirmed maintenance orders whose required end date lies in the selected reference period but have neither been completed technically, nor from a business perspective
How to Check Notifications and Orders using the Maintenance Planning Overview
Material Availability Check
Methods for checking Material Availability:
- Check from order list for several orders
- Check within background job for a large number of orders
- Check of individual order
When you schedule stock materials to execute order operations, the system can check in a single step whether all the materials in the maintenance order are available in sufficient quantities. The Availability Check function accomplishes this service.
According to the system settings and entries made in the material master records, the system performs an availability check for all materials assigned to the operations of the maintenance order. You receive a system-generated online message about the result. If there is a lack of availability, the system displays an error log that contains detailed data about the result of the check.
When you release a maintenance order, the system performs an availability check for planned materials, depending on your Customizing settings. If this check reveals that certain planned materials are not available in sufficient quantities, you can still release the maintenance order, if your system settings allow this.
The topic worker safety in SAP Enterprise Asset Management comprises the following areas:
- Standard Permits
- Worker Safety (Web functions)
- Connection to risk management system (GRC)
These features allow you to create a safe working environment.
When you release a maintenance order, the system checks the availability of materials, production resources, and tools. At the time of release (at the latest), material reservations become relevant for materials planning - materials can be withdrawn, and purchase requisitions can be generated.
The following activities can be performed only after you have released the order:
- Print shop papers
- Withdraw material
- Book goods receipts (GRs)
- Enter time confirmations
- Complete task