In this lesson, the following topics are discussed:
- The integration strategy for intelligent enterprises of SAP
- How does SAP fulfill these promises?
SAP’s integration strategy for intelligent enterprises
The integration strategy is based on four principles:
- No. 1: Predefined integration
- SAP has outlined its strategy and road map for the integration of end-to-end processes of its intelligent suite (SAP software to SAP software) based on well-defined suite qualities. As an example, the alignment of domain models helps to ensure that master data can be exchanged in an efficient and convenient way between SAP applications, including prebuilt integrations in SAP Business Accelerator Hub.
- No. 2: Open integration
- Besides integrations of SAP software to SAP software and SAP software to partner software, SAP is open for any third-party integration as well as for custom extensions that leverage public APIs. With the Open Connectors capability of SAP Integration Suite, SAP provides feature-rich, prebuilt connectors for more than 170 third-party applications.
- No. 3: Holistic integration
- SAP provides a holistic integration technology portfolio that covers most flavors of integration required in cloud and hybrid landscapes. Based on SAP Integration Suite, SAP supports a variety of integration use cases, ranging from process, data, user, and "thing" to analytics-centric integration.
- No. 4: AI-driven integration
- In addition to bringing intelligence into core business processes, SAP is using AI techniques to simplify the development of integration scenarios. One example is the Integration Advisor capability of SAP Integration Suite.
How does SAP fulfill these promises?
If we look at the positioning of SAP BTP, we see that one of the most important Pillars is integration.
Integrate applications On-Premise, in the cloud or in a hybrid model, while securely connecting applications, processes and people.
- Integration of SAP and beyond to include 3rd parties, including API management, B2B/B2G support, data integration, event-based, IoT support and process integration.
- Ready built content that includes integration packs, APIs, business events, and connectors.
- Continuous access to best-practices through pre-packaged SAP business content.
- AI-powered Content Advisor to speed integration development and lower on-going support costs.
SAP wants to offer its customers a comprehensive, secure, and comprehensive integration solution. This is based on four principles. These principles are as follows:
- Predefined integration
- Open integration
- Holistic integration
- AI-driven integration
This claim is fulfilled by services on SAP BTP.