In this Lesson, the Following Topics are Discussed:
- What Is SAP Cloud Integration?
- Key Features.
- Explore predefined Integration Content in SAP Business Accelerator Hub.
What Is SAP Cloud Integration?
The following statements try to answer the question:
- SAP Cloud Integration support end-to-end process integration through the exchange of messages.
- It is based on the open source framework Camel from the Apache Software Foundation.
- It is one of the core capabilities of the SAP BTP Integration Suite.
- The development, deployment, and monitoring takes place in the browser with graphical tools.
- It is one of the LowCode/No Code tools.
An integration flow has 0-1 sender adapter. The message is delivered via an endpoint if an adapter is configured. A variety of different sender adapters are available on the sender side. (No. 1) After receipt of the message, the process is started via a startup event Start. This is followed by predefined processing steps. (No. 2) There is a wide range of integration capabilities that define different ways that messages can be processed on the integration platform. Ultimately, receiver adapters can be configured to complete the business process. Message processing can be carried out synchronously or asynchronously. With this concept, a lot of well-known enterprise integration patterns can be mapped.
The sender and receiver adapters are different. You are able to build your own adapter. To do this, you can use the provided Software Development Kit.
To determine which adapters are really available depending on your license, you can display the adapters after creating an empty project template, as described in the following exercise. Perform the following steps:
- Start with an editable empty project template:
- Draw a line from the channel to the Start event. The available adapters are displayed:
- Proceed with the same procedure on the recipient's side:
They categorized the integration capabilities. Among them are the predefined processing steps. An integration flow now combines the individual capabilities to, for example, map a technical process. There are almost no limits to the possibilities of combination. To examine all available integration capabilities with the assigned individual steps, you can start again with the empty process template. You will find the tool palette on top of your screen. Every icon describes an functionality in to the cloud integration user interface.
In the following case, this becomes visible at the transformation capability.
Predefined Integration Content
As indicated above, the art of combining the integration capabilities in such a way that it becomes a professional process. The integration flows can be quite complex. SAP offers over 400 predefined integration flows that can be consumed.
There are two ways to investigate the predefined integration content. A path directly via the Integration Suite will be shown at the end of the course. The other variant is described below.
Explore Predefined Integration Content in SAP Business Accelerator Hub
All available predefined integration content is listed in the SAP Business Accelerator Hub, depending on the products to be integrated.
The following steps must be carried out in order:
- Open the SAP Business Accelerator Hub at: API.SAP.com
- Navigate to the Discover Integrations tab.
- Choose the first product.
- Choose the second product which will be integrated with the first one.
- Find all available predefined integration content as an integration package, based on your selection.
- Navigate deeper in an integration package and find all available integration flows.
- Navigate deeper in an integration flow to find out the complete configuration.
Further details about the steps:
- Discover the Integrations tab:
- Choose the first product, for example, SAP S/4HANA:
- Choose the second product, for example, SAP SuccessFactors:
- Navigate to an integration package, for example, SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central Integration with SAP ERP or SAP S/4HANA, Employee Data:
- There is only one integration flow available. Navigate to this integration flow:
Here, you will find all the information to understand this integration flow:
- The configurations of all steps
- The business documentations
- And more
To consume this integration package or integration flow, you have to use the Discover menu within the Integration Suite. This is shown by the example of the Examples at the end of the exercises.
- About key features:
- About Connectivity:
- About integration capabilities: The complete overview can be found here: Integration Capabilities
Individual integration flows are compiled via predefined functional steps. These are divided into categories such as mapping, routing, and others, and provided as a palette. The process is started via exactly one incoming message. The contents of this message can then be manipulated in a variety of ways in the process itself. The connectivity and flexibility comes from many sender and receiver adapters. In addition to creating the individual integration flow, SAP offers over 400 predefined integration flows, as they are often needed in the SAP environment.