This graphic shows the high-level architecture of the different solutions and details of SAP EHS Management as well as their integration in SAP S/4 HANA.
The figure, High-Level Architecture, considers following aspects:
- SAP EHS Management solutions: Incident Management, Health and Safety Management, Environment Management, Management of Change (grey boxes)
- Business objects (yellow boxes)
- Functions: Calculation Engine, Task Scheduler (blue boxes)
- Analytics (green boxes)
- Integration to Business objects of other SAP S/4 HANA modules (note the right-hand side of the figure, for example, Human Resources, Material Management, Plant Maintenance)
The business process of each solution of SAP EHS Management will be described in the other units of this eLearning course.
You can use this component to integrate SAP EHS Management (EHS-MGM) with other components. This enables you to access data in other components from within the EHS-MGM applications and transfer data from EHS-MGM to other components. In addition to simplifying work with the applications, integration also ensures consistency by reusing existing data in different components. If you use integrated data in EHS-MGM, changes to this data are automatically reflected in all applications.
You can also use integration to start EHS-MGM processes involving actions in different components.
Integration for Person Information
SAP EHS Management (EHS-MGM) integrates person-related data from other components. This data can either be stored locally or in remote systems. The function allows you to access data for HR persons and business partners, organizational information, and time data. You can access personal information through integration to the corresponding components:
- Personnel Administration (PA)
- SAP Business Partner (SAP BP)
- Organizational Management (PA-OS)
- Personnel Time Management (PT)
You can use this function to read personal information from the components that are listed above.
For the incident management application, PT integration and SAP BP integration also allow you to change person-related data:
- You can create new business partners and change the data of existing business partners.
- If PT integration is activated, you can create HR absences for injured persons.
Integration for Notification
You can use this function to integrate notification processes between SAP EHS Management (EHS-MGM) and other components that are either managed locally or in remote systems. It allows you to start processes for notifications that must be implemented in other components directly from the EHS-MGM applications. The EHS-MGM system monitors the status of each notification process until it is completed.
Integration is possible for the following notification categories:
- Maintenance notifications (PM)
- Quality notifications (QS)
- Service notifications (CS)
If the circumstances of an event or situation require actions to be taken in other components, you can start processes to communicate and initiate related tasks. For each notification, you can display details including its status directly from the EHS-MGM applications.
You can use the report, Check for Completed Notifications (R_EHHSS_ACT_CHECK_COMPL_EXT_NO), to check regularly for notifications that have been completed in other components. For all notifications in status, Completed, the report triggers the next process step. For more information, see the system report documentation.
You can use this component to integrate Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS) with other components. This enables you to access data in other components from within the EHS applications and transfer data from EHS to other components. In addition to simplifying work with the applications, integration also ensures consistency by reusing existing data in different components. If you use integrated data in EHS, changes to this data are automatically reflected in all applications.
You can also use integration to start EHS processes involving actions in different components.
The following data must always be available in the local system:
- Plants, including description and address data
- Material and material descriptions
- Currencies and exchange rates
- Notification types for PM
- Business partner roles
- Marital status texts for HR persons
- Marital status texts for business partners
- Attendance and absence types
- Shift group and shift planning of the organizational unit
- Organizational data, including organizational units and persons in PA-OS