So, what are bank-related documents? Where can I find them and who should I contact to obtain them?
Documents required to open a bank account vary by country/region and company size. Typically, the following documents are needed.
- Personal ID Documents of the bank account holder.
- Trade Register ID Document describes the company's business.
- Tax ID Number or a Business Identification ID for registries.
- Transparency Register Statement for publicly listed and non-private companies' shareholders, that is, business partners.
Additionally, to inform the bank about a specific power of attorney, certain documents may be required. See the following:
- Power of Attorney Document: This document specifies the agent's power related to the bank account.
- Identification Documents: The principal and the agent must provide valid government-issued identification, such as a driver's license or passport.
- Original Bank Account Papers: These documents serve as proof of ownership for the bank account holder.
- Bank Forms: Some banks require the use of their specific signed power of attorney forms.
- Notarization and Witnesses: Depending on local laws, notarization or witness may be necessary for your power of attorney.