On the Components tab of the Design Panel, you can see a list of all components used in the workbook together with the properties of these components. You can select whether the components should be listed by data source or by sheet. In both cases, the highest node of the list is the workbook. A set of properties is available for each component. To see and change the properties for a component, select the component in the structure.
The following are a list of Properties for workbooks:
- Refresh Workbook on Opening: If you select this check box, the data sources in the workbook are refreshed every time the workbook is opened. If this check box is not selected, the data in the workbook is not automatically refreshed on opening. To refresh the data sources manually, choose Refresh All in the menu.
- Force Prompt for Initial Refresh: If you select this check box, the prompting dialog is displayed every time a refresh occurs.
- Store Prompts with Workbook: If you select this check box, the defined prompt values are saved with the workbook.
- Remove Data Before Saving: If you select this check box, the workbook is saved without the data. When you reopen the workbook, no data is displayed. To display the data, choose Refresh All in the menu to refresh the data sources manually.
- Merge Variables: If you select this check box, the variables are merged for all data sources. If the check box is not selected, the variables can be defined for each data source separately.
Every time you change your selection for this property in the workbook, the connected data sources are restarted. Therefore, the prompting dialog appears automatically so that you can define the values before the data sources are refreshed. If the data sources are not connected, the dialog will not appear and only the property will be changed.
In the default setting, this check box is not selected when you create a new workbook. The default setting can be changed in the registry. For more information, contact your IT Administrator.