Transform your Research and Development
The market is experiencing a disruptive shift in customer demand for new, extensive, smart, and personalized products. The journey of a new product initiates in the Research and Development (R&D) department, where the maximum difference can be made to improvement of features and reduction of cost. A successful R&D department brings new formulations and designs to life with speed and accuracy based on inputs from market, customer, and technology. R&D integrates deeply with the downstream departments to manufacture, sell, and service products with higher quality and lower cost while continuously iterating formulations and designs to create more profitable, desirable, and reliable products.
Watch the following video to understand the R&D Capabilities.
The SAP R&D Engineering solution makes the following possible:
- Increase of revenue from new products by enabling variants, and personalized, smart products.
- Running of design and development processes on live insights into customer needs and market opportunities. Manage flexible, high-performing, and ease-of- use configuration, formulation, and classification for product individualization.
- Achieving faster time to market by real-time project management, informed product decisions, and streamlined compliance.
- Analyzing of live performance of the project portfolio with predictive insights at any stage of the innovation process. Re-use of design/recipe, integrated development environment, seamless handover to manufacturing, and embedded compliance enable faster launch of new products.
- Reducing R&D expense by informed product decisions, integration of formulation and design tools, and efficient supplier collaboration.
- Improving profitability by having insights on the cost of new products early on and across the lifecycle.
- Calculation of costs and other dimensions for new products in the early stage of the product lifecycle to quickly identify cost drivers and easily simulate and compare alternatives leading to improved margins and reducing topline cost early on.
- Improvement of profitability for customer projects (such as, Engineer-To-Order).
- Outlining detailed control and forecast project costs, including issue and change management.
- Reduced compliance costs and recalls through embedded compliance in the R&D processes.