Personally Identifiable Information (PII) includes sensitive data such as tax ID number or compensation information, and is visible and accessible only to an Administrator. It’s important to identify PII and sensitive data because it allows the software to be compliant with data privacy laws such as GDPR.
Administrators can perform the following tasks in Territory and Quota:
- Identify a custom attribute as PII (Personally Identifiable Information/Sensitive)
- Set Retention Period and Purge Frequency for Sensitive PII information in Territory Admin → Administration → Data Privacy
To learn more about Personally Identifiable Information, watch this video:
To identify a custom attribute as PII or Sensitive:
- Navigate to Territory Admin → Administration → Custom Attributes.
- Specify the PII Setting for the custom attribute.
- Sensitive: By default, field value is hidden from the administrator but can be displayed using the "Show Personal Data" option on the screen. Used for data such as compensation.
- PII: By default, field value is displayed on the screen for the administrator. Used for data such as Tax ID numbers.
To prevent purging of PII data, select the "Blocked from personal data purge" option in the supported workspaces. This option may be required when data needs to be retained for legal purposes.