The mapping functionality provides several drawing tool options to help you define boundaries for geographies.
To learn about defining and mapping geographies, watch the following videos:
The Geography and Geography Hierarchy will need to be created before the map can be defined. The Account Identification section does not need to be entered for the Geography Hierarchy, though, because the map will be used to identify the accounts instead.
To map a geography:
- From the Geographies Hierarchy workspace, choose a geography to open it.
- Choose the Hierarchy tab.
- Select the Hierarchy you wish to map to open it.
- Choose Map () from the top right in the header. The map will open on the right. If the Parent geography has been mapped it will be shown. If it has not been mapped the map will be zoomed out. You can use your mouse scroll wheel or the "+" and "–" on the map to zoom in and out of the map.
- Choose Show Drawing Tools () to start mapping your Geography. The following drawing tools are available to help define a geography’s outline:
|Pan, or move, the map.
|Draw a polygon outline to define the boundary of the geography.
|Draw a rectangular outline.
|Upload KML/KMZ Tool
|Upload a KML/KMZ file that has a predefined outline for the geography. You must provide your own KML/KMZ files.
|Delete the selected outline.