Mapping a territory can help you gain insights that can assist with territory planning. You can use the mapping functionality to do the following:
- View the physical distribution of accounts and geographies within a map.
- Transfer an account or geography to another territory.
- Transfer an account or geography to another territory as a scenario.
- Compare drive times.
- View heatmap concentration of accounts or revenue.
- View summary details for a selected geography or account, or a summary of accounts for a selected area.
- Color code accounts and geographies from different territories.
- Enable or disable visual features like highways, bodies of water, etc. on the maps.
Map Functionality Requirements.
To use the map functionality, data for accounts and geographies must be geocoded. An API service must be enabled to calculate the longitude and latitude. Contact SAP Support to enable map functionality for your environment.
Once maps are enabled for your environment, a cron job runs automatically on a regular basis according to the schedule. The cron job populates the latitude and longitude coordinates for accounts that have a valid address or postal code. The Address is a combination of the following fields: Address 1, Address 2, Address 3, City, State, a Country, and Postal Code.
When an account has a valid address associated with it:
- Users can view the account within the maps based on the latitude/longitude coordinates determined using the address.
- Drive time can be calculated and can be used for analysis within the map.
- Users can view accounts aligned to overlay territories on the map.
Map Tab vs. Mapping App
Mapping functionality is available via the Map tab and the Mapping App.
The Map Tab is only accessible to super admins. The Map Tab includes all mapping functionality and can be used for the entire territory program.
The Mapping App is accessible to Territory Managers and Sales Reps. The Mapping App enables users to access the mapping functionality for only the specific territories to which they have access. To access the Mapping App, choose Mapping App () for a specific territory on the Territory Tree tab. In the Mapping App, you can select more than one territory to include in the map display.
Mapping a Territory
Superadmin users can access mapping functionality for an entire territory tree via the Map tab. Territory Managers and Sales Reps can access mapping functionality via the Mapping App for selected territories. To use the Mapping App:
- Navigate to Territory Admin → Territory Programs and open the territory program to which the territory belongs. The territory program opens, and the Territory Tree tab is displayed.
- Navigate to the territory that you want to open in maps and choose Mapping App (). The Mapping App opens with the territory information on the left and the map on the right. By default, the Accounts and Geographies section is expanded in the left pane and displays a list of the accounts currently included in the map. The map is zoomed out, and can be zoomed in using the mouse scroll bar or the "+" icon on the map screen.
- In the top of the left pane, choose Filters () to expand the Filters section and select what is included in the map.
- To change the View Date, select the toggle next to the date field and enter a date. If the slider is ON, the map only includes account and geography data that is valid for the date selected. If the slider is OFF, the data included in the maps is considered according to the territory program’s effective dates.
- Select the accounts and geographies you want to include in the map:
- All Assigned Accounts: Includes all assigned customer and prospect accounts. When this option is selected, the Customer - Assigned and Prospect - Assigned checkboxes are automatically selected.
- Customer - Assigned: Includes only assigned customer accounts.
- Prospect - Assigned: Includes only assigned prospect accounts.
- All Unassigned Accounts: Includes all unassigned customer and prospect accounts. When this option is selected, the Customer - Unassigned and Prospect - Unassigned checkboxes are automatically selected.
- Customer - Unassigned: Includes only unassigned customer accounts.
- Prospect - Unassigned: Includes only unassigned prospect accounts.
- Geographies: Includes all assigned geographies.
- Geographies Unassigned: Includes all unassigned geographies.
- Choose Apply to apply the filter options selected.
- Select each Territory you want to include in the map. When you make a selection, the Accounts and Geographies section is updated to reflect the new list of accounts and geographies. The map is updated to reflect the new selections.
- To see only specific Accounts or Geographies in the map, select the Accounts or Geographies from their associated tabs. You can also assign accounts and geographies from these screens.
- The map is updated as your selections are made.