The Field Service Process
Field Service Process
Overall steps of the field service process:
- Determine if a service is needed. This may be in response to a single contact with the customer from an email or phone call, for example, or as the result of a troubleshooting workflow.
- If the issue cannot be resolved through research and initial dialogue, the ticket is assigned to a technician and scheduled for completion.
- The service technician executes the service either onsite or remotely.
- The technician confirms the actual scope of the service, including: the time required; parts; and tools needed as appropriate.
- Based on the confirmation, an invoice is generated for the customer for the service performed. This part of the process is generally done with an ERP system such as SAP S/4HANA.