SAP S/4HANA Cloud APIs
When we talk about SAP S/4HANA Cloud integration with other SAP or non SAP products, SAP S/4HANA Cloud APIs play a major role in exchanging data between two systems. APIs provide the capability to process input and output for a business object.
- By default, the APIs are not accessible in your SAP S/4HANA Cloud tenant. Before you can use an API, you need to activate the API and define one or more (SAP S/4HANA Cloud) users with the permission to use the API.
- Before you can activate an API, you need to identify a related communication scenario. The communication scenario is a logical object that bundles a number of inbound and outbound communication design-time artifacts.
- Every API can be bound to one or more communication scenarios.
For a particular example of an SAP S/4HANA Cloud API, please visit this link: https://api.sap.com/api/CO_MDM_PRD_BULK_REPL_REQ_OUT/overview. In this sample, the information can be found inside the SAP API Business Hub, within the API specific page. When searching for a specific communication scenario in the SAP API Business Hub, you can find the list of the APIs that relate to a specific communication scenario.
APIs provide the capability to process data input and output for a business object. You need to perform these tasks:
- To expose an API of SAP S/4HANA Cloud system to an external system, a key user needs to create and activate a Communication Arrangement for a corresponding communication scenario.
- To consume an API of SAP S/4HANA Cloud system, an external system needs to authenticate to it. A technical Communication User is needed to enable certificate-based and basic (user-name and password) authentication types.
For more information, please visit SAP Community: Setting up Communication Management in SAP S/4HANA Cloud