Overview of SAP SuccessFactors Offboarding
SAP SuccessFactors Offboarding allows you to set up a seamless exit process for employees leaving the company. Termination can be voluntary (that is, a resignation), involuntary (a layoff or dismissal), or a result of retirement. Offboarding gathers all termination-related information and triggers time-sensitive activities. You can implement Offboarding together with Onboarding, or as a stand-alone solution within SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite.
The Offboarding Process
Offboarding is initiated from Employee Central. The offboarding process starts with Initiate Offboarding and ends with the employee exit.
Select each step in the drop-down lists to get a high-level overview of the offboarding process
- Submit a termination transaction in Employee Central.
- An email notification is sent to the manager with details of the employee like, termination date, last working day, and the home page link to review the Offboarding information of the employee.
- As a manager and as a participant of the Offboarding process you can verify or edit the details like job information and compensation of the offboarding employee based on your permissions as a manager.
- A document gets generated for eSignature.
- If configured in the system, you can create the knowledge transfer plan so that all the knowledge is shared to existing employees.
- The assignee and offboarding employee get an email notification with the knowledge transfer details and the completion date.
- A task is added in the Complete Knowledge Transfer Tasks tile under the To-Do list for the assignee in the home page.
- If configured in the system, a manager can schedule meetings with the offboardee to discuss and complete the entire Offboarding process.
- If configured in the system, you can track the company assets that the offboardee must return before the termination date.
- If configured in the system, the manager can write a farewell message to the offboarding employee.