Quick cards display basic information about employees in the system such as phone numbers, e-mail addresses, titles, and locations.
Quick cards are available in several places within the application, and you can display them as follows:
- By hovering over an employee’s name, like in People Search;
- By selecting on an employee’s name, like in performance forms; or
- By choosing on the small Rolodex-card icons shown next to each employee’s name in certain areas of the tool like Calibration sessions.
Quick cards are a convenient way to find information about employees in a single place including contact information and team size. With the take action option available on quick cards, users can navigate to other areas in the system that contain additional employee information.
There are some specificities to keep in mind when using quick cards:
- Content in quick cards is dynamic and most content is not customizable.
- You will not see links to content that you do not have permission to see, so all security permissions are respected in quick cards.
- Some links can be enabled or disabled.
On the right-hand side, you can see the differences in Barry’s quick card when it is accessed by two different users. The first is an administrator with full permissions and the second is a different administrator with fewer permissions. Therefore, fewer links are available.