The Files area is where many of the SAP Analytics Cloud resources reside.
The following image displays the File Types that are available in SAP Analytics Cloud from the Files area:
All users have the My Files area. It displays content you own and all content that is shared with you but owned by other users.
The area also includes these folders:
- Input Forms: Contains input/planning stories and other planning-related elements assigned to you.
- Public: Contains content that is available to all users; however, the availability may be limited to read-only access. Content that you save in a public folder has read-only permission for other users by default. The Public Folder cannot be deleted or copied, but administrators can assign copy and delete permissions on the folder so that items that are created in this folder will inherit the sharing permissions.
- Samples: Contains sample models and stories.
Watch this video to view the My Files area and find out more.
The File Ribbon
Clicking on a file name will open it, however, each file also has a check box to the left of it. Checking the box gives you other file-related options in the file ribbon. This video will show you the different options available when using the Files Ribbon.
SAP Analytics Cloud Security, Management, and Monitoring
Like most SAP systems, SAP Analytics Cloud defines security for both functional and data access. The security model is typically created and controlled by your corporate SAP Analytics Cloud system administrators.
Content in SAP Analytics Cloud includes all files as well as planning-related objects such as data actions and value driver trees. To promote content across multiple SAP Analytics Cloud tenants, administrators transfer over the cloud using the Content Network.
The Content Network helps to keep your content organized, available, and secured by appropriate permissions. Administrators can set different access rights for each sharing destination. Each system can store up to 300 MB of exported content for free in the My Content area. The Content Network is also where Business Content is stored; administrators can import any Business Content necessary and make it available for you to use.
SAP Analytics Cloud logs all activities that users perform on anything in then system. Administrators can access and view these audited activities from the Security area in SAP Analytics Cloud. In addition, they have access to standard monitoring reports to monitor the real-time statistics and usage of the system.
- SAP Analytics Cloud shares the same quarterly release cycle with other major cloud products from SAP. It is explained in the Q&A of SAC release cycle
- The SAP Analytics Cloud software release versions installed on the source and target tenants need to match (same version) or may differ by only one version. There is no backward compatibility.