The Training and Event Management functionality in SAP enables you to offer a comprehensive catalog of training events. These training events consist of business event groups and event types that form the framework of your catalog.
The following steps are included in the main processes involved in the maintenance of a Training and Event catalog:
- Prepare business event - This comprises the creation and maintenance of all master data (such as time schedules, event locations, resources, and so on) used for business events.
- Create business event catalog - You create individual or multiple event dates, with or without resources (for example, an instructor). You can create multiple events based on existing course demand.
- Perform day-to-day activities - Once you have created your business event catalog, you can carry out many day-to-day activities for events, for example:
- Register or make bookings for both internal and external attendees
- Pre-book attendance
- Replace bookings
- Cancel attendance
- All day-to-day activities automatically trigger correspondence for the attendees
- Perform recurring activities - Examples of follow-up activities:
- Firmly booking events
- Locking events
- Unlocking events
- Canceling events
- Following-up events, for example transferring qualifications to the internal attendees
Standard reporting options belong to each of the four sections.