Participants are people or entities that have an active role in territory programs or need access to reports. Participants can be entered manually, or they can be imported from an external source such as an HR system. Details about importing data are covered in Unit 8. Participant data can also be exported for analysis purposes by other systems.
You can associate a participant with one or more positions that have been assigned responsibility to given territories and targets. Participant information typically includes basic demographics, but you can also configure custom fields to capture additional information if necessary. Custom fields are configured in SAP SuccessFactors Incentive Management.
When a participant is added to Territory and Quota, they’re also added as a User to the application. The new participant is sent an email with a link so they can access the application and set their password.
How to Create Participants
- Navigate to Organization → Participants.
- Choose Create().
- The Add New Participant screen opens. Add the following key information about the participant (required fields are noted):
- Participant ID (Required): Unique identifier for the participant, commonly used to store corporate IDs such as employee IDs or numbers
- First Name
- Last Name (Required)
- Base Salary
- User Name: Participant's login name with a unique value
- Tax ID: Social Security number or corporate tax ID
- Hired: Participant's date of hire, which is different from the effective start date
- Business Units: Relative business units
- Effective Start Date (Required): Effective start date for the record
- Effective End Date: Effective end date for the record
- Save your changes.
The image above shows how we would add a new participant, John Adams. Notice that we have selected the BikesInMotion business unit to the record.