Grants Management for Grantee Master Data
SAP Grants Management provides you with a solution for sponsored programs through its functionality and its architecture. Architecturally, SAP Grants Management maintains a separate view of your organization's sponsored program activities and projects. This separate view is created by relating your organization's structures (such as projects, general ledger accounts, cost elements, fiscal year, and currency) to the sponsor's projects, cost and revenue categories, budget validity period, fiscal year, and currency.
By creating a separate view, you can review your organization's financial activities and transactions for sponsored programs according to a sponsor's requirements without affecting the integrity of your financial transactions and activities.
Consider differences between your organization's and your sponsor's budget. Some sponsors require more detailed budgeting; others require less. Not only do the requirements among sponsors differ, they also frequently do not match the budgetary requirements of grantee organizations. These differences often require grantee organizations to compromise their budgeting structures and processes so that they can effectively manage their sponsored programs according to the sponsor's guidelines.
As SAP Grants Management creates an alternative view based on the sponsor's requirements, you can manage, control, and report on your sponsor programs without compromising your budget structures and processes.
Primary Master Data Components
SAP Grants Management's primary master data components are sponsor, grant, fund, sponsored program, sponsored class.
- A sponsor is an institution or individual that provides funding to a grantee organization
- A grant is the funding instrument the sponsor provides and documents the funding agreement between the sponsor and the grantee organization
- A fund represents the source of funding
- External - Sponsors award amount
- Internal - Grantee's funds and resources (cost sharing)
- Sponsored programs represent the organization's sponsored projects
- Sponsored classes summarize the sponsor's expense and revenue categories
You can use this SAP Fiori app to manage the grant master data and perform various actions.
Key features include the following:
- List existing grant master data using filter and search options.
- Create a new grant from scratch, or as a copy of an existing grant master record.
- Revise existing grant master data.
- Change the lifecycle status of a Grant
- Delete any grants that are not used and are no longer required. The budget and posting data is checked to ensure that a grant is not used anywhere else.
- Use the draft function to interrupt creation or revision until you continue editing the draft and save it as new master data to the database.