The Order Confirmation provides the Buyer with an indication of what to expect and when. This is particularly important for materials that are relevant for material requirements planning (MRP) in the ERP because data in the Order Confirmation impacts the planning for that material.
The Supply Chain Monitor for Order Confirmations associated with Purchase Orders supports deviations for three fields: quantity, delivery date, and price. The Supply Chain Monitor for Order Confirmations associated with Scheduling Agreement Releases supports deviations for two fields: quantity and delivery date. Price deviations for Scheduling Agreements are not supported. Suppliers cannot edit the Price field on the Order Confirmation associated with Scheduling Agreements Releases.
- Buyers configure the Supply Chain Monitor with tolerances for quantity and date.
- When an Order Confirmation arrives that is within the tolerances set, the Order Confirmation passes through the Supply Chain Monitor and is sent directly back to the Buyer.
- When an Order Confirmation arrives that is outside tolerances, the Order Confirmation is intercepted and an alert is raised.
- The Buyer reviews the Order Confirmation and chooses to Reject or Approve.
- Price deviations are not supported for Scheduling Agreements.
The following video shows the Supply Chain Monitor process flow for Scheduling Agreement Releases.