Additional Topics for In-House Repair (3XK)
The following topics are addressed in the first part of this lesson:
- Procuring an external workforce
- Using the Enterprise Search functionality to find in-house repairs
- Understanding the SAP Fiori logic when creating an in-house repair
- Understanding that in-house repair apps can be enhanced with custom fields and custom logic
- Understanding the improved status logic after a repair order has been completed
- Date management for in-house repair
- Analytics for in-house repair
- Output for repair orders (and repair quotations)
Procuring an External Workforce
External workforce procurement can be used for an in-house repair process to assign service items to third-party service providers. An external service item can be added to a repair order (item category Ext. Service Item, shown above), which leads to a purchase requisition being created (upon release of the repair order) for external service items, in the same way as for the procured service parts.
- Plan Repairs
- A service manager adds external service items in the repair order using the SAP Fiori app Repair Orders.
- When the repair order is released, the system creates a purchase requisition for the external service items.
- Procurement and External Repair
- A procurement agent creates a purchase order which is sent to the third-party service provider.
- An external service provider performs the repair.
- The procurement agent records the performed services in the service entry sheet. This can also be done by an external service provider, depending on the system setup and granted permissions.
- Approve Provided Services
- The service manager approves the service entry sheet via the SAP Fiori app My Inbox.
- The system creates a repair confirmation that contains the items from the service entry sheet.
- The system also updates the price for the external service item in the repair confirmation based on the supplier invoice.
- Prepare for Billing
- The service manger reviews and completes the repair confirmation.
- If the confirmation is marked as Final, the items can immediately be released for billing.
The related documentation for this topic can be found in the SAP Help Portal for SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public Edition under Product Assistance → Service → In-House Repair → Processes in In-House Repair → Procurement Integration for In-House Repair.
Enterprise Search Functionality
The Enterprise Search functionality is also available for in-house repairs. Choose the search icon on the SAP Fiori launchpad and enter one or more terms to find in-house repairs:
- In-house repair number
- Sold-to Party and Contact Person
- Employee Responsible
- Equipment, Product, and Serial Number
In the results from the Enterprise Search, you can:
- Choose in-house repair specific filters
- Open a specific in-house repair
SAP Fiori Logic for In-House Repairs
In SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public Edition, when using the SAP Fiori app to create in-house repairs, the created in-house repairs are opened directly in edit mode. You can then immediately start adding the repair objects. This is valid for the business role Customer Service Representative - In-House Repair.
Extensibility for In-House Repair (3XK)
Extensibility for In-House Repair has been enabled for the following apps:
- Manage In-House Repairs
- Perform Prechecks
- Plan Repairs
- Perform Repairs
- Release for Billing
The following is valid for key users and all roles in In-House Repair (3XK). Key users can extend the available apps in In-House Repair (3XK) with fields and implementations according to the business needs in their organization. The fields are displayed for the respective roles in In-House Repair (3XK).
Extensibility includes the following:
- Adding custom fields and custom logic.
- Display the added fields in the filter bars.
- Display the added fields in the result lists.
- Display the added fields on the details screens.
You can find more information how to extend the apps in the SAP Help Portal for SAP S/4HANA Cloud underProduct Assistance -> Service -> In-House Repair -> Apps Used in In-House Repair.
Status Logic when Completing a Repair Order
The following is valid for the business role Customer Service Representative - In-House Repair. When setting the repair order status to Completed, the repair object status changes as follows:
- To Bill if there is at least one item to be released for billing. You can then trigger the billing process in the Prepare for Billing app. Note that items with a net value of 0 are also relevant for billing.
- To Completed if there is no item to be released for billing.
Notes for an In-House Repair and for a Repair Object
Customer instructions can be maintained as notes in the Manage In-House Repairs app. In the Perform Prechecks app, these customer instructions are then copied from the in-house repair, when the repair object is added.
It is also possible to maintain the customer instructions for the repair object in the Perform Prechecks app directly or to change the ones copied from the Manage In-House Repairs app.
It is also possible to record the results of the precheck for the repair object in the Perform Prechecks app. Use the Examination Results box to do this.
Related Service Contracts for In-House Repairs
The Manage In-House Repairs app shows the number of relevant contract items for an in-house repair. This is based on account and organizational data.
In the Perform Prechecks app, a preview is shown of all service contract items related to the relevant repair object. Clicking on a service contract item, shows its details.
Service Contract Assignment in a Repair Quotation
When an item is added to a repair quotation or a repair order, the system determines and assigns the applicable service contract item to this item. If the system determines more than one service contract item, a dialog window is displayed, and it is possible to select the applicable service contract item.
Executing a Warranty Check During the Step Perform Prechecks
In the Perform Prechecks app, the end dates of the customer warranty and the vendor warranty are displayed, if available for the equipment to be repaired.
A green date means that the date is after the creation date of the in-house repair. This means that the repair object is within the customer warranty period. A red date means that the date is before the creation date of the in-house repair. This means that the repair object is outside of the vendor warranty period.
Warranty Check: Filters and Result List Columns
In all SAP Fiori repair object apps, it is possible to filter by Customer Warranty End and Vendor Warranty End. The Customer Warranty End and the Vendor Warranty End can be displayed as columns in the result lists of all repair object SAP Fiori apps. As an example, you can display the customer warranty end and the vendor warranty end in the Manage In-House Repairs app under Repair Objects.
Date Management for In-House Repair (3XK)
Using the business role Configuration Expert – Business Process Configuration, it is possible to define dates, durations, and date rules to meet the requirements that are specific for an organization. Date profiles enable a configuration user to control which date types, duration types, and date rules can be used for a specific transaction type or item category.
The SAP Fiori app Manage Your Solution can be used to configure this using the option Date Management for Service.
There are item categories that are used in both Service Order Management and in In-House Repair. If a date profile is changed, this change might affect both scenarios.
The Dates assignment block contains the dates and durations that have been configured for the transaction type or the item category. This Dates assignment block can be displayed on the following screens:
- Repair Quotation Details
- Repair Order Details
- Repair Confirmation Details
The assignment blocks for quotations, orders and confirmations, and for all item types (repair items, repair parts, and expense items) need to be personalized.
Depending on a user's settings under Personalize, the Dates assignment block is displayed for:
- Repair quotations and item details
- Repair orders and item details
- Repair confirmations and item details
Analytics for In-House Repair (3XK)
For a customer service manager in an in-house repair process or a customer service representative, the Service Actuals analytical app is available. It can be used to analyze repair order actuals. Service-specific attributes, such as transaction ID and type, can be used as filter values.
Output for Repair Orders and Repair Quotations
The following output types are provided for an in-house repair process:
REPAIR_QTAN_SUMMARY (Summary of Repair Quotation for Customer)
REPAIR_ORDER_SUMMARY_INT (Repair Order Summary for Employee)
REPAIR_ORDER_SUMMARY_EXT (Repair Order Summary for Customer)
In the configuration environment, settings can be defined for the form templates, email templates, and output channels that are used in output control for these output types.
Form template for repair quotations:
Form templates for repair orders:
CRMS4_REPAIR_ORDER_SUMMARY_INT (assigned to the REPAIR_ORDER_SUMMARY_INT output type)
CRMS4_REPAIR_ORDER_SUMMARY_EXT (assigned to the REPAIR_ORDER_SUMMARY_EXT output type)
CRMS4_REPAIR_ORDER_EMAIL_TMPL (assigned to output types REPAIR_ORDER_SUMMARY_INT and REPAIR_ORDER_SUMMARY_EXT)
In the SAP Fiori app called Output Parameter Determination, it is possible to define all the determination steps that are relevant for repair quotations (rules for Service Order Quotation). In the same way, the determination steps that are relevant for repair orders can be determined (rules for Service Order).
Please refer to the following on-line help for more information concerning the set-up of output management in an in-house repair context, and particularly the above mentioned determination steps: https://help.sap.com/viewer/adbae5bcd5994f159bf2847a11397b61/2108.501/en-US/418c57755b5a407ea6592c0e6bdd9c58.html.