This solution process encompasses field services planning and execution, covered by two scenarios: Fixed Price and Time and Material (T&M). The process includes service order creation, service order release, followed by subsequent service confirmations, and also billing of the customer.
Solution process 3D2 is one of the key solution processes that are part of SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public Edition, service.
Key Process Flow
- Create a service order
- Plan costs and revenue on a service order
- Release the service order line items (optional)
- Change the service order (optional)
- Release the service order
- Create a service confirmation
- Post the time sheet for the service technician along with any expenses
- Copy procurement costs automatically into the service confirmation, based on the posted supplier invoice or purchase order
- Cancel the service confirmation along with its follow-up documents (optional)
- Release the service order or the service confirmation for billing and automatic creation of the billing document request
- Create a billing document
- Create a billing document from the billing document request to invoice the customer
- Post revenue automatically against the service order line item(s)
- Analyze service order fulfillment
Short Description of the Process Steps
The solution process Service Order Management and Monitoring (3D2) covers the creation of service orders in SAP S/4HANA Cloud. A service order is released for execution once the planning phase for the service order is complete. If some services or materials are procured from a supplier, a purchase requisition is created automatically once the service order line items are released.
The solution process also allows for the calculation of planned costs and revenue on service order level, which can then be used as a baseline for financial reporting and analysis.
Service confirmations are posted against the service order line items. Based on such a service confirmation, a time-sheet entry and the expenses incurred are posted automatically. A confirmation entered for a service order can be manually canceled later (if required), thereby canceling any subsequent documents already created.
Once a supplier invoice is posted, the procurement costs can be copied into the service confirmation. Procurement costs can also be copied from the purchase order to the billing document, which is then sent to the customer (for time and material services only, not for fixed price services).
You can also choose to bill the customer for any extra (non-stock) spare parts used up in the process.
Once a service order/confirmation is released for billing, a billing document request is created automatically. Finally, a billing document is created (based on the billing document request) to invoice the customer.
- Log on to SAP for ME if needed.
- Navigate to the list of solution processes on the SAP Signavio Process Navigator website. Use URL https://me.sap.com/processnavigator and choose Solution Process. You can now see a list of all available solution processes.
- Using the Search in SAP Signavio Process Navigator field (in the top right corner of your screen), search for solution process 3D2.
- In the resulting list, select the entry for the current (i.e. the most recent) version of the solution process for solution scenario Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
- Choose Accelerators.
- Choose Test Script.
- The test script will download as a Microsoft Word file, open this file.
- If available, choose Set-up instructions to open the set-up instructions for the solution process.
The main benefits of using solution process Service Order Management and Monitoring (3D2) are:
|Utilize functionality for the planning and execution of field services in SAP S/4HANA
|Post directly in the universal journal in SAP S/4HANA - Finance: no settlement of revenue-carrying cost objects is required
|Post a time sheet and its expenses automatically using a service confirmation
|Link a procurement process for material goods or services associated with service order execution
|Plan costs and revenue on service order level
|Post actual revenue automatically based on a customer invoice