Navigate to the list of solution processes on the SAP Signavio Process Navigator website. Use URL https://me.sap.com/processnavigator and choose Solution Process. You can now see a list of all available solution processes.NoteLog on to SAP for ME if needed.
- Using the Search in SAP Signavio Process Navigator field (in the top right corner of your screen), search for solution process 4GT.
- In the resulting list, select the entry for the current (i.e. the most recent) version of the solution process for solution scenario Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud. You can now see the details for the solution process.
- Choose Accelerators.
- Choose Test Script to download the test script as a Microsoft Word file, and open this file.
- If available, choose Set-up instructions to open the set-up instructions for the solution process.
Solution Process Solution Order (4GT)
This solution process covers the customer facing process using a solution order that is part of the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public Edition.
The goal of a solution order is to enable an SAP customer to address their market for selling, delivering, and managing combinations of services, subscriptions, and products using one overall document for one of their customers, up to accounts receivables management, controlling, and revenue recognition.
The primary target market for solution order management is service-centric sub-verticals with contract-driven business models. Examples include IT/BPO service providers and multi-service providers (such as facility and security) in, for example, the professional services industry.
A solution order acts as a central document for an end customer, encompassing all sales items (materials), service items (such as expense items and spare parts), and even contracts, offered to that specific customer. Solution orders aim to support a business transformation from purely selling products to selling higher-margin services and solutions to a customer by combining products and services (including contracts) in one order. Solution orders enable one single view (the solution order) for all items of a solution offered to a customer.
The service contract item can also contain a recurring service. See solution process Recurring Services (4X5) for more details about recurring services. In the unit covering solution process 4X5 in this course, this integration between Solution Order (4GT) and Recurring Services (4X5) is discussed in more detail.
The following types of items can be included in a solution order:
- A sales item (both stock items and non-stock items can be represented, as well as services and configurable sales items)
- A service item
- A service expense item
- A service spare part item
- A service contract item
- A subscription item (in an integrated scenario with the component SAP Subscription Billing)
- A project-based service item
Solution orders can be created automatically in SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public Edition through an API. You can also create a solution order manually and add items (such as a service contract item) to it by using the SAP Fiori app Manage Solution Orders. Solution order management supports orchestration and has document-flow visualization capabilities.